Kharkiv Tile Plant’s history dates back to the hard pre-war years. The establishment of the enterprise was planned by the Ukrainian Research Institution back in 1936. The construction of the plant had almost been completed before the Great Patriotic War but the plant did not start the operation as all funds were directed to the defence of the country. After the liberation of Kharkiv from Nazi invaders, the factory was completely destroyed.
1946 – It is year that KhTP factory was officially established. In 1946, inhabitants have come together to make an incredible effort to rebuild the plant from the ruins, completed the construction to start its operation. Since March 1, 1946 Kharkiv Plant was commissioned to produce the first flooring tiles with capacity of 200.00 sq.m per year.
The factory started tile production of essentials for national economy: ceramic flooring tiles, sanitary faience’s and insulators.